Monday, November 27, 2006

Is This MY book?

My first e-published novel--The Sirens: Found--went on sale at www.loose-id.com on November 21, 2006. I'm very excited in some ways--but strangely disconnected from the whole process in other ways. I have no idea if anybody is buying my book, if anybody likes it. For all I know it's a total failure. Even when I get my first royalty statement I won't know how I did compared to other authors. I wish there was some kind of secret counter that the authors could go peek at. Kind of like the way other author friends compulsively check the Amazon ranking number....

I can see that there are definitely valuable character traits to have, if you want to be a successful writer. One of them is certainly being able to motivate yourself with long-range results. This is not the profession for someone who needs instant gratification.

This is my first blog post, so it's a practice post. <- That means be kind! ;-)

Sara

1 comment:

Anne D said...

I was the same way when Persuading Jo released in July. It was a killer waiting for that first royalty statement. It was worth it though :)

Wishing you good sales!

PS remember to promo promo promo!